Cracking tough technical problems is only one of the factors which determines your tech interview results. One of the most overlooked and underestimated interview is the behavioral round / HR Round.
Every successful company has certain principles that it abides by and wants to see in their employees. for example, Amazon has its leadership principles , Facebook has its 5 core values. These values/principles are central to these organizations and they take it very seriously.
Companies test for these qualities in their employees by asking different behavioral questions related to your past experience, work experience etc and try to collect data points on whether you demonstrate these qualities or not. Even if you crack the coding round, but don’t demonstrate the right behavioral traits, there is a high chance that you will be rejected.
Take a look at the top 15 common interview questions which you must prepare for before appearing for any behavioral round.
Questions On Teamwork
- Tell me about a team when you worked with someone on the team who had a very different personality.
- Tell me about a time when you had difficulty working with some on the team ? How did you handle such a situation ?
- Tell me about a time, when you had to get information from someone who wasn’t very responsive.
Questions On Ability To Adapt
- Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision with unclear/less data.
- Tell me about a time when you failed in meeting a deadline. How did you handle that ?
Questions On Values
- Tell me about a team, when you were dissatisfied with your work ? How did you handle it ?
- Tell me about a time when you had to work under very close supervision ?
- Describe the best partner/manager under which you had to work. What part of their management style did you like the most ?
Questions On Leadership
- Given an example of a time when you telt you led by example. What made you think so ?
- Describe a situation where you had to “sell” your idea to someone important to see things your way. How did you manage to do that ?
Questions On Prioritization
- Tell me about a time when you felt stressed due to hard deadlines. What did you do to manage such situation.
- How do you estimate the time required for a particular task ?
Questions On Cultural Fit
- What are the things that are more important to you in a job ?
- What’s the biggest misconception that your co-workers have about you. Why is that ?
- Why would you choose to work at your company ?