Ancillary Service Management Platform for Hotels
Nodejs Backend Developer ₹5L – ₹7L • No equity
We’re looking for an experienced Backend Ninja(NodeJs) to work on Quoality: An Ancillary Services Management platform for Hotels, Hostels, and Vacation Homes to help them improve the guest experience and generate additional revenue.
Founded in 2020, Quoality is a Hospitality Tech company backed by a US-based Newchip Accelerator. Our mission is to equip businesses with the tools they need to grow.
By providing tools, insights, and education with minimal effort on the business’s part, the barrier to making actionable business decisions is lowered dramatically. Everything we do is driven by this mission. Everything we do needs to positively answer the question, “Does this help businesses grow?“
The role & what we are looking for?
Oh, this is our favorite part. We’ve seen companies that write ‘templatized’ BS for this section; stuff that’s never followed in reality.
Not us. Here are some of our core values to give you a sense of who we are as a team:
- First and foremost, we’re super transparent. We all know what everyone’s working on, how’s the company doing, and the whole shebang.
- We’re all super chill.
- Work time ain’t playtime. We take our work very seriously. We’re a small bunch on a mission to change the guest experience in the hospitality industry, once and for all.
- Deadlines are a thing for us. We are super punctual.
- We know what we are working on and aren’t clueless.
- We’re more friends than colleagues.
- Monthly 1:1s with the founders where you can directly share & receive feedback.
Not convinced yet? Okay, here’s the fun stuff:
- Flexible leave policy. Yeah, it’s truly flexible. We trust you.
- We’re fully remote in India. Work from the beautiful beaches of Goa or the stunning mountains of Manali, we’re all good.
- Annual workstations at exotic destinations. Subject to change and hitting milestones.
- Allowances to choose your coworking space (if you want), courses & anything that you think is beneficial to succeed in this role.
The role & what we are looking for:
- Write code that will impact the businesses of thousands of hotels, hostels, and vacation homes across the globe.
- Collaborate with Frontend to spec, write, test, and deploy API endpoints.
- Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs that work on our data pipelines.
- Build all support infrastructure to scale our data delivery pipelines – endpoints, security, logging, messaging.
- Product development activity includes data querying from our various stores, real-time analytics, ML algorithms.
- Developing & Integrating of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Brainstorm features with the product team and guides decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase.
- Take full ownership of the module starting from architectural and design decisions to shipping.
- Like the work you do, enjoy collaborating with your coworkers, communicate as much as you can, and have fun.
- 2 to 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- You have a good understanding of multi-process architecture and the threading limitations of NodeJs and Express frameworks.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages.
- You have good knowledge of relational databases as well as key-value databases and are capable of designing scalable database models based on the product requirements.
- Familiarity with REST API development standards, protocols (HTTP, WebSockets and more), and GraphQL.
- You’re comfortable picking up new stacks and choosing the right tool to get the job done.
- You are open to learning new stuff and avoid internal politics. (super important).
- You are humble, kind, and are open to feedback.(super duper important).
- Entrepreneurial spirit, Product Thinker, and ‘Can-Do’ attitude.
- Passionate about leveraging technology for supporting product delivery in the Hospitality space.
- Operating style suited to working in a startup environment, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued.
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to manage multiple assignments at a time.
What’s the interview process like?
Yes, we do have a process, and it’s simple.
Step 1: You apply for the job.
Step 2: Quick intro call with the founders.
Step 3: Solve an assignment.
Step 4: A round where we evaluate your assignment along with you.
Step 5: One round of interviews to gauge if you are a good culture fit.
Step 6: Job Offer (contingent on the above steps).
Step 7: Welcome to the Quoality! 🙂
So, think we’re a good fit? Then let’s roll.
India • Remote
Experience 2+ years
Quoality at a glance
An Ancillary Services Management platform for Hotels, Hostels, and Vacation Homes to help them improve the guest experience and generate additional revenue. Founded in 2020, situated in Gurugram, India.They have a small team that’s between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.quoality.com or find them on LinkedIn.